Monday, September 7, 2009

Running Lately

I hope you noticed that I have cleaned up my blog! I have tried to get back into the blog mood for a few weeks, talking about healthy food. It hasn't been the greatest writing (sorry), but it is getting me back in the saddle.

I got injured in June this summer (June 1st to be exact)! It was such a stupid injury and I think I had "runner's depression" after my injury for a couple months. I fell less than 1/2 a mile into my run! Downhill..on rough asphalt. So, I know you are wondering how...well, I just bought new running shoes and stuck my right foot through my left lace...while running! I slammed myself down onto my knees and skid. I could barely walk for a week and had road rash on my hands, knees, and left hip.

After, all the injuries healed, my right knee still hurt. It was the knee that took the brunt of the fall. It swelled up like a balloon on my kneecap. So, all summer, I have rehabilitated it. I have swam at Barton Springs and ridden my bike all summer. Even biking and swimming hurt for the month of June and a little in July. I am finally running...I started by running a couple miles every other day, but have now worked up to 14 miles. I am estatic about it. I am also back to running with my girlfriends. That was another thing I wasn't doing, it took so much thought to put my foot and my leg down, that I couldn't run with anyone.

So, I am getting through my injured runner depression and "running with joy" (thanks for that saying Gilbert!) again!!

I am looking forward to fall running and fall races!!

No comments: