Wednesday, September 16, 2009

20 Mile Ride Today!

I finally got on my bike today for a real workout! and what a day. It was 68 degrees when we were getting our the door to get to school this morning. I didn't get to ride until 10:00, but the weather was still awesome! I have been riding my bike to take Cams to school and back home, to work and just whenever I can for an errand or to the pool. But, have not worked out on my bike since early August!

I made a loop from Lake Austin, up Exposition to Balcones over to Shoal Creek and back around Scenic to Lake Austin. It was very hilly, but I kept and avg pace of 14 mph with a max of 29mph...it was a fun and hard workout!

I tried something new last night! I tried Camp Gladiator boot camp. I am very picky about workouts, but would recommend this to anyone and would do it again! We did a lot of running drills, arm work and core work. I am sore today! It was a lot of fun, we even finished with "tug o war" and I happened to be on the team that won. What fun! I think that it is a good workout for runners and triathletes, too. We don't always have time to get to the gym for weights or core workouts.

I just finished an awesome lunch!! It was a grilled sharp cheddar cheese sandwich with avocado and heirloom tomatoes on sourdough! Yum!! Awesome reward for a good workout!

No comments: