Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yoga!!!

I have never blogged about how important I think Yoga is to a runner. I have been doing yoga for 4 years now, sometimes I am more consistent than others. When I was most consistent I had the strogest core ever. Having a strong core helps with fatigue and speed! It helps you to tire less quickly and to pump your legs faster for quicker turnover. There are other benefits, too, like stress reduction,toning of your entire body and increasing flexibility. I try to do some at home and some at a studio....and I wanted to pass on a great website I just found and recommend. It's called Yoga Today.

Another help for me has been these nifty laminated cards. You have to know a little about yoga to use this, but it helps aid your memory in your Yoga practice. Yes, practice is the word Yogis use...gotta love that...perfection is not mandatory!!

I have practiced yoga twice this week and feel so much stronger and relaxed. I am going to try and keep it up 2 times every week. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: