Monday, September 28, 2009

Good Runs

I am striving to always do good, high quality runs!! I am not always successful, but I am trying!!! It is so hard to do. My running has always been an "outlet" or "me-time".  So, I can just go out for a run and veg, but not all workouts can be "veg" workouts. During my high-quality runs, I really push myself to at least 80% of my max and don't veg. I do still get the good endorphins from these workouts, but they are harder to get motivated for, especially on my own.  I trained with an awesome coach, Gilbert Tuhabonye, for a couple years and learned a lot from him. I still run with his group on weekends, but miss the high quality weekly workouts. I would really look forward to these workouts because I had a lot of new friends doing them. Now, I am doing these on my own, because of my "all over the place" work schedule.

Are you wondering why do high quality runs? Well, there are a lot of good reasons, even if you are a beginner or are not training for a race. Even as a new runner, running more high quality workouts, that change your stride and use different muscles will improve your running in comfort, ease, strength, and quickness.

As a seasoned runner, training for races, speed workouts and hill workouts will improve your times and increase your fitness.

So, remember hills, track, farleck and tempo...and long runs!!

No comments: