Sunday, October 4, 2009

Garmin 205

Ok, I am not going to say I am a gadget person or extremely "techy", but I love my Garmin and can't live without it!! Now I sound like I am speaking at Garmins anonymous. But, seriously, I charged my Garmin earlier in the week and saw it was charged. I then went to put it on and turn it on. Well.....it was dead...so dead...I kept on pushing the "on" button and nothing would happened. I plugged it back in, still no response. I was feeling doomed. I started feeling sad, and despondent, wondering how would I survive without it.

I went on my bike ride, realizing all the great things my Garmin did other than tracking my miles and just got sadder. But, I also thought about where I bought it...REI!! and decided to call them.

I always have known I loved REI! I guess you can guess what happened? Yes, REI said they would exchange my Garmin for a new one!!! and I would have done that, but they were out of stock at REI. So,  I googled "dead Garmin" and found out there is a "soft reset". All Garmin users need to know this- push lap and mode at the same time. Well, that did the trick!! I went out for a run and was so happy!!

Ha, the little things in life that make you so happy!! If my Garmin dies (really dies), I will try REI again! 

No comments: