Sunday, August 9, 2009

Miso Mayo

As I write this I am enjoying my Miso Mayo with carrots!

This stuff is so yummy and thanks to my daughter being hungry at Whole Foods, we tried it at a sampling! It is so good and better for you than real Mayo. You can use it as a dipping sauce (as I do with carrots), a sandwich spread, with tuna or in potato salad.

So, what is it you ask???? Well, it is made of fermented soybean paste from Hawaii. Funny thing, I fell in love with Miso soup on my honeymoon in Hawaii!!! So, Miso Mayo is high in protein, vitamin B-12, and 8 essential amino acids. It is also a living, cultured food and low in sodium..Did I mention it is yummy!! or in my daughter's words yummerful??

The Miso Mayo website also says that it has UMAMI (a japanese word for the 5th taste sensation. You need to check out the Miso Mayo site to read about it...it also has recipes.

One last important thing, it is vegan. I am not vegan, wish I could be!!

You can purchase it at Whole Foods or order it online.

Happy Healthy eating!!

No comments: