Sunday, August 2, 2009

Love Greek Gods Yogurt!

My favorite foodie find of late has been the Honey flavored Greek Gods yogurt. I can find it at my local HEB or Whole Foods. I buy it by the large container (16 oz). It is great with fresh blueberries, raspberries and cacao nibs or plain. I have to explain that I am not a yogurt lover, but I love this yogurt! I know that I should eat yogurt for health reasons (they say that yogurt helps build stronger bones, enhances immunity, lowers blood pressure, and may even have anticancer and weight-loss effects), but normally couldn't stomach it. Not anymore!!..Greek Gods is thick, creamy and decadent for yogurt!

Just looking at the nutrition side, the sugars are much less in Greek Gods yogurt than traditional yogurt (even light yogurt). I compared it to Yoplait. It looks like the Fig and Honey flavored have the highest of the Greek Gods, but most of their yogurts are lower in sugars.

If you check out their site, they have a lot of recipes, too. Check it out and tell me if you agree or don't. I would love to hear about your favorite yogurt, too!

No comments: