Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to Gazelles Workout!

Well, with the start of the new school year, I have gotten back on track with my training. I ran with Gilbert's Gazelles on Wednesday. We ran a 7 mile Fartleck, so it was one minute of speed and 1 minute of rest 10 times. It was a difficult workout for me, since I haven't done much speed workout all summer (3 months!). It was so hot and humid that morning! I did a Runner's conditioning class afterward and was totally dead, but still eeked out a 600 yard swim at Deep Eddy Pool. As you can imagine, I was pretty tired and hungry, but felt good that I had such a good workout.

I so enjoyed getting back into my group of running friends. I love hearing about all of our kids in school and what has been going on.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Love your blog- I have always wanted to start running! Woo Hoo for you!!! I am a client (and friend)of Lynette's! Do you personal train in San Antonio by any chance? EMail me if you can- gwensawyer@yahoo.com!

hillcountryfamily said...

Thank you so much!! I am still in the process of making my running/personal training blog, so I appreciate it!